About TotalTek Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your engineering career, TotalTek Engineering is the partner you can rely on for efficient and effective results. With years of experience and proven success in partnering with top industry leaders and decision makers; we can align your interests, qualifications, and talents to a specific contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement opportunity. Our clients trust us to provide them with the best and brightest technical talent in their fields. We look forward to establishing a career partnership with you.
Opportunity Overview & Responsibilities
Our client has an immediate need for a Maintenance Technician. The Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing preventative maintenance procedures and related maintenance duties on a wide variety of equipment and infrastructure. Included are Corrugating machines and Corrugate Converting machines, process support equipment, interior and exterior of buildings and grounds. Conduct preventative maintenance procedures on both electrical and mechanical systems. Poses the ability to troubleshoot and repair electrical and mechanical failures. Additional responsibilities are as follows:
- Participates in continuous improvement and effectively communicates opportunities to improve efficiencies and effectiveness for this position.
- General Industrial maintenance to include, but not limited to lubricating, repairing, rebuilding, trouble shooting, and cleaning production machines. Other duties to consist of infrastructure maintenance and fabrication. This includes welding, cutting, grinding, carpenter work, and operating shop machines (lathes, mill, drill press, grinder, saw, and other small hand tools).
- Perform maintenance and repair to the lift trucks, roll grabs and dollies, steam generators, air compressors, and other process support equipment.
- Perform electrical, plumbing, hydraulic, HVAC, and concrete work.
- Accurately carry out and assist in the development of preventative maintenance procedures.
- Create and complete work orders using the CMMS.
- Communicate with machine operators.
- Utilize the CMMS and other resources to provide maintenance planning.
- Support and develop downtime reduction initiatives.
- The Maintenance Mechanic must hold a high school diploma or general education degree (GED); three years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. It is a requirement to possess, or obtain, an Associate’s Degree, Millwright or Journeyman card in a related field to remain in the department.
- Once hired, the Maintenance employee will have six years to obtain an Associate’s Degree, Millwright or Journeyman card if they do not possess one before being hired.
- Mechanic must demonstrate the ability to read and interpret documents such as mechanical and electrical drawings, maintenance procedures and manuals, company policies and safety rules.
- Mechanic must have the ability to write routine reports and correspondence as well as be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization.
- The ability to compute rate, velocity, ratio, and percent, perform conversions, interpret and/or develop graphs and technical reports is also required.
- The mechanic must be able to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Possession of the ability to deal with problems involving several variables in various situations and take appropriate action to resolve these problems is a must.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.