Our client is a providing a complete line of high-speed automated machinery and related converting equipment.
TotalTek is a Technology Company focused on managed services specializing Engineering and IT solutions. We are a minority owned company with onshore and offshore capabilities that originated in northeast Wisconsin. Our workforce solutions and customized delivery in Project Outsourcing, Managed Resource Program and Staff Augmentation have expanded our capabilities to better serve companies in these niche industries. Our core value is Improving Lives for Clients and Consultants alike and is why we believe TotalTek is a simple solution to your complex Engineering and IT problems.
Plan, organize and execute assigned electrical engineering projects as it relates to the design, startup, commissioning, and aftermarket support of OEM high speed automated machinery and other related web handling equipment. This is a direct hire role.
- Performs and coordinates the electrical design, development, startup, and commissioning of new products or modifications of existing equipment.
- Able to communicate effectively when coordinating design efforts with other electrical, mechanical, and manufacturing engineers.
- Programming PLC’s (IEC languages), Motion control, HMI’s, and other peripheral equipment as it relates to bag making/web handling machine lines.
- Demonstrates an intimate knowledge of programming techniques involved with the motion control of web handling equipment (web registration, rotary knife applications, etc.).
- Responsible for providing customer assistance with electrical issues on installed machines.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of local and national codes (i.e. UL508, OSHA, NFPA79, etc.) as well as company standards for design and safety.
- Responsible for the accuracy of design and the quality of the final detailed electrical drawings.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineer or related field
- 5 plus years of experience in controls development of high-speed automated equipment
- Experience within an OEM environment
- Proficiency in PLC Programming Software (Allen-Bradley or Siemens)
- Ability to develop a PLC program from scratch or customize a program based on customer specific templates
- Experience designing, programming, and configuring Variable Frequency Drive systems
- Experience with packaging machinery
- Must have flexibility in programming style to adapt to customer standards
- Experience designing controls system networks
- Occasional (up to 25%) travel may be required based on business need.
All Qualified Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Qualified Applicants are United States Citizens or Permanent Residents (Green Card Holders) who have the legal right to work in the United States without sponsorship and meet the Minimum Qualifications listed above.