About TotalTek Engineering
When it comes to enhancing your engineering career, TotalTek Engineering is the partner you can rely on for efficient and effective results. With years of experience and proven success in partnering with top industry leaders and decision makers; we can align your interests, qualifications, and talents to a specific contract, contract-to-hire, or permanent placement opportunity. Our clients trust us to provide them with the best and brightest technical talent in their fields. We look forward to establishing a career partnership with you.
Opportunity Overview & Responsibilities
Our client has an immediate need for a Controls Engineer II. The Controls Engineer II is responsible to design control system for paper machine rebuilds, upgrades or other projects such as machine optimization, from order placement to final acceptance by the customer. Additional responsibilities are as follows:
- Assist with control system design and BOM (bill of materials)
- PLC configuration, programming, HMI development and network design.
- Support installation, commissioning, and service for these systems.
- Provide customer training on these systems.
- To design control systems including control cabinets, junction boxes, network, hydraulics / pneumatics systems and define necessary sensors / instrumentation for the applications
- To program process control systems and develop SCADA / HMI applications
- To participate in the Factory Acceptance tests (FAT) as required
- To participate in the start-up or support service team at the mill as required
- To participate in the lessons learned meeting and necessary corrective actions to resolve deficiencies
- To support proposal / sales team on technical matters
- To be an active project team member and to foster team spirit within the team
- To provide assistance to customer as needed
- A Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of five (5) years of process and machine control experience preferably in the paper industry.
- Proficient with PLC programming and configuration (Rockwell ControlLogix and FTView) SCADA development and configuration.
- Ability to use CAE tool (COMOS, AutoCadE, etc).
- Basic understanding of hydraulic, pneumatic, and mechanical systems
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or veteran status.